Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Friend, Sis




My hen friend that looks most like me is named Sis.  Those who don't know us get us mixed up--just like twins.  But really we're so different.  Here's Sis on the left and me on the right.  Can you believe that anyone would get us mixed up!



The other day I heard Sis squawking unusually loudly in the hen house.  We are very proud of ourselves when we lay an egg, and we let everyone know what we have done by squawking loudly.  But Sis sounded like she was either in pain or very, very proud of herself.  When I went into the house to check on her, look at what I saw!  That's my egg on the left, and hers on the right.



Here's what it looked like in the pan. 
(WARNING:  This is a very disturbing picture if you are a chicken.)


This may not be unusual to some of you, but for Sis, it's amazing, considering she almost died last winter.  I'll tell that story another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment