Monday, August 9, 2010

The Beauty Pageant



It's time for the local chicken beauty pageant, commonly referred to as the County Fair.  Never having been in one before, I wasn't very interested in the details.  I decided to check out the rules, just for fun. 




The first rule says, "The Judge will use as a guide the American Standard of Perfection.  All birds will be judged by comparison."   I got pumped up after hearing that one.  Although I try not to be too vain, I felt sure I could win. The prize money for first place would almost pay for a big sack of chicken feed, or better yet, chicken scratch.  Yum! 




I didn't fully understand the next 2 rules---something about definition of terms and breeding pens. But rule #4, caused me to put the brakes on.  The words that struck fear in my heart were "pullorum-typhoid BLOOD TEST."  Yikes!  "BLOOD TEST" means needles, right?




I think I'll just stay home.  The nice lady can take pictures of the contestants and show them to me.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment