Monday, June 7, 2010

Home Alone


What's a chicken to do when she's left alone with her hen friends for five, count 'em, five days? (Really it was about four days, but it seemed like a long, long time.) I found things to do that I don't usually do, such as looking through this cement block. Kinda interesting, don't you think?





We didn't know what was going on and why we had to stay in that small pen. So we tried to make the best of it. I spent quite a bit of time gazing out at our favorite place to roam, hoping I would be able to get out there again.





Since the weather was warm, and the ground was dry, we spent time digging and sitting in our holes.





The lady who checked in on us would try to give us treats from her hand, but it just wasn't the same. We missed our nice lady.




Being left alone for so long, I felt like my world had been turned upside down.



It sure was boring here in the small pen with not much to break the boredom of the day. Now there are those who would say that we chickens don't know the difference. All I know is I was sure glad when our people got home.



No comments:

Post a Comment