Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Brooding Chicken




My WEF (White-eared friend) has decided to brood! All she does is sit on the nest! How boring!



Everyday, the nice lady takes her off the nest so she'll eat something and drink some water.



I was in a nest box the other day when the nice lady came to move her. I kept trying to tell her that she needed to get outside and smell the roses--that life is too short to stay in the house. But, no-o-o, she wanted to stay on her nest.




Once she was outside she ate something, drank a little water, then she was back on the nest. I wonder how long this will last?




Doesn't she understand that since there is no rooster, there won't be any babies!? Since she isn't listening to me, maybe I should ask Sis to have "THE TALK" with her. Sis knows everything.




I miss having her with me when we're roaming. Get well soon, my WEF.

No comments:

Post a Comment