Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wing Clipping



I
can't believe what the nice lady did to me! Just because my white-eared friend (WEF) didn’t make it into the hen house the first night and hopped up onto the top of the hen house—really!




The lady and the man came into the pen with some kind of tool that has 2 blades and a handle on each blade. (I think I heard the people call them scissors.) The other 4 hens (OFH) didn't run from them, but my WEF and I sure did. But they had that net thing they had used to catch my WEF, and they managed to catch us both, one at a time.






My WEF was first. The man held her, the lady spread out her right wing, then she--HORROR OF HORRORS--cut off her wing feathers! I was next. I tried to tell her that I promised I wouldn't try to fly out of the pen, but she couldn't understand me. I was expecting excruciating pain, but there wasn’t any. In fact, she only cut off about an inch of the feathers. So if I hold my wing just right, nobody can tell. But I’m still so embarrassed!


No comments:

Post a Comment