Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Name



Lola, Lola, Lola


The best thing about the first day at my new home was that it was a short day. The next several days seemed to last forever. The other 4 hens (OFH) made my life miserable. My WEF and I were suffering together. We couldn’t do anything right and were being pecked for no reason. I know I lost a few feathers!





The daily treats sure helped make me feel better. When I would stay for extra treats, the nice lady would talk to me while I ate out of her hand. Then she started using the same word over and over again when she would talk to me—Lola. Soon, I noticed that she did the same thing with the others, but she would use different words for each one. They are Iron Maiden, Sis, Ebony, Goof Ball, and Pawhearska. Now that last one is really hard to say, so I just call her my WEF.




2 comments:

  1. I am offended by the names of the chickens. I don't think they are politically correct. I mean really.......Goofball??? What must she think of herself and what about her self esteem? I bet she thinks she'll never get into college. And Iron Maiden? She might be very delicate inside and now can't express her true feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you're right. But it's too late now. Their destinies have already been determined. Besides if they had acted better, their names would be different. So, it's all their fault.

    ReplyDelete