Monday, March 22, 2010

Arriving at my new home





The day that I arrived at my new home was traumatic. I was plucked from my familiar surroundings, carried upside-down by my feet, and put in the back of some kind of big, noisy, moving box.



The only good thing about it was that I wasn't alone. My friend with the white ears was with me, going through the same kind of humiliation. When the big moving box finally stopped moving, we were once again, jerked up by our feet and carried to our new pen. There was this nice lady who greeted us and turned her head upside down and told us we would be let loose soon--at least I think that's what she said.





We were let loose inside a new pen, and there were 4 other hens there. By the way the big red one looked at me, I knew I was in trouble. Those other 4 hens started in right away letting us know that we were new, and that we were on the bottom of the chicken totem pole.





When the sun started going down, I followed the other 4 chickens into their house and found a safe place away from them to nestle down for the night. But my friend with the white ears didn't come in. Later, the nice lady came outside and checked on everybody. I had just fallen asleep when some kind of light pierced through the darkness of the house. The lady was looking for my friend. She finally found her on top of the house. Poor thing. After lots of coaxing and the use of some kind of net, she was put into the house. She was a nervous wreck. She felt much better when she found me. We slept very well that night.


5 comments:

  1. I love Lola!! Tell us more!! BTW, what is the white stuff in the chicken poo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello porterjami, I think the white stuff in the chicken poo is yogurt. Just a guess. And the nice lady hasn't told me her name yet, but I think it might be Hey You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think you are wrong about the white stuff....I think it's just more poo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete