Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Mystery of the Messy Pen





When I woke up Tuesday morning the pen was a real mess! I guess I slept through the whole thing. The first thing I noticed was that our ramp was almost ripped from its resting place.




Then I saw our red feeding pan. It looked like it had been thrown from its usual place on the cement block, and it was empty! That pan is kept in place by some kind of elastic strap. So, how it got loose from that is a real mystery. However, the water pan was in its usual place and hadn't moved. (Right now I'm hearing the theme song from Twilight Zone.)





Under our house we have a very nice wind, rain, and snow break that is held in place at the bottom by flat cement blocks. The blocks are usually propped up to help hold the metal sheet in place. Well, that wind break was loose on the bottom and the cement blocks had been moved.




When the man and nice lady came out to check things over, they noticed that the gate to our side yard was open and the cement block that helps to secure it was out of place.




All six chickens are fine, and I'm not sure what happened. Could it have been some kind of varmint or was it a ......








No comments:

Post a Comment